Monday, July 20, 2009

Orchids for me!

Okay I lied. I didn't post on Saturday like I had promised. Mainly it was because we (and be we i mean Jorge) hadn't uploaded the pictures from Barcelona and I was procrastinating. Well the pictures are finally uploaded now but now I have to edit them which I should do by the end of the day (hopefully!).
I just wanted to write about a funny thing that happened before I forget it....
So the husband and I had come to an agreement before that the person that is home first would be the one making the dinner
(This would mainly apply to when we are both working or when I go back to school and am super busy)

So two Thursdays ago I had an appointment with Apple because my computer was acting up a bit and it ended up taking a couple of hours to get things uploaded and fixed. Jorge however got home a bit earlier than usual (around 6:00) and beat me home.

So according to our agreement he is supposed to make dinner, so he gives me a call to see how long I was going to take to get home and I tell him I am almost on my way and he asks me what I wanted him to make for dinner. I just tell him to surprise me and 10-15 minutes later I am out of Apple and waiting for the tram/bus to get home. By this point I am hungry because its about 7:30ish and I am thinking that I will have dinner waiting when I get home.

So I get a call from Jorge saying that he can't think of anything to make. I am two stops away from home and hungry and this does irritate me a bit because then I start thinking that if he can't handle dinner this once how is he supposed to do it on a daily basis when we go back to California. I am also half hoping that he was just kidding and he had in fact made dinner and just wanted to make me mad.

Well I walk into the apartment and no he was not kidding about not having made dinner. Well I wanted to be mad at him because it was his one turn cook mainly since we have been in Geneva but then he shows the flowers/plant he bought me while at the grocery store.

His explanation goes something like this:

Jorge: Well I didn't know what we had in the fridge (sidenote:and of course he didn't think about looking in the fridge either)... so I went to the store to buy stuff to make dinner but I was lacking imagination so I couldn' t think of what to make. So, instead I bought you these flowers so you wouldn't get mad at me.

And how am I supposed to get mad at that? So I let it slide this time and whipped up a quick dinner for the both of us but. He is a sneaky one.

I shall try to post the picture of the flowers today when I edit the ones from Barcelona

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lies lies they are all lies!!

Anonymous said...

lies lies they are all lies!!

Clara said...

jaja... mugre Jorge...

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

Life Tales | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates